Thursday, July 19, 2012

Journey

This weekend I had the absolute pleasure of taking a class with the fabulous Anna Dabrowska, a mixed media artist who traveled from her native Poland to teach several classes in the US.  I was fortunate enough to attend the one she taught at Everything Scrapbook and Stamps in Lake Worth FL


We started with a Prima Resist Canvas Covers
Embellished with Canvas word, resist canvas flowers  and a bunch of other stuff including buttons and lace etc.  Then painted with various sprays, pigment powders and acrylic paints. The whole thing is just layers and layers built on top of each other, creating a  complex composition that is integrated and intriguing to look at.  Kind of messy process but oh so much fun! I came home with dirty, inky fingers and a gorgeous project.
We also did o couple of pages for the inside using different techniques.  I have been scrapping for a long time but I learned so much from this one class.  Thanks you so much Anna!

1 comment:

Geraldine said...

love your journal cover. I was lucky to take four of Anna's classes over a weekend in September when she visited Ireland. It was a fantastic weekend where I learned so much.