Thursday, October 2, 2014

Back to the not so basics

When I first started scrapbooking I did only 12x12 layouts, bit in recent years I focused mainly on mini albums. I was in a huge slump for a long time when it came to scraping 12x12 layouts, that is until recently when I rediscovered my love of scraping layouts.   I found a few very inspiring ladies on YouTube who do a lot of mixed media techniques in the 12x12 format. Bringing mixed media to what used to be a mostly cut and paste process makes it more exciting and fun. It's been so much fun that I have completed a bunch of layouts that I'm excited to share on my blog. I haven't photographed all of them yet so I will start a couple that I did last week. 





I made some stamped elements with that I stacked on top of book paper, vellum and doilies.  They are grouped together on top of a strip of card stock that is textured with die cut letters and shapes, gessoed and painted. I also used twinkle H2Os in gold on the background paper. These are really old products that I have had in my stash since the dawn of scrapbooking, but I love how this page turned out, it's the kind of design that I never would have even though of doing way back when I started scrapbooking (17 years ago, yikes!). The photos are from way back when too, that adorable baby is turning 20 years old at the end of this month.

Here's another one I did using similar techniques of stacking little papers (a great way to use up all those scraps of paper that keep piling up) and adding paint to the background paper.  










No comments: