Friday, March 6, 2009

Revisiting Techniques

I can't believe it's Friday again already! This week just flew by! 
I cruised over to Tim Holtz's Blog and was inspired by to revisit the Distress Ink Techniques I used to love playing with.  So I pulled out the craft sheet, some Distress Inks, an old craft iron, some of the tons of new clear stamps I've been collecting lately and a couple of my favorite old rubber wood mounted stamps and spent a day just making tags.
Fun fun! I love all the new images in clear stamps but they don't take ink as well as the rubber ones do.  I did get great results with Versa Fine from Tsukineko. They work great with the clear stamps and preserve all the fine detail.  I think this ink is comparable to Archival ink from Ranger.  Sometimes you just have to experiment with all those different inks.  They all have different properties and are good for different applications.

No comments: