Wednesday, October 14, 2009

3R Scrapping : Toilet Tissue Rolls

Even though I live with 3 boys there never seems to be a shortage of empty toilet paper rolls around here so I thought wouldn't it be great to find a use for them. Boy was I excited when I came across the toilet paper tube mini album idea.
All you need are a few tubes, flatten them out and cover them with designer paper. Each tube makes a nice sturdy chipboard page with a pocket. Bind them together with binder rings, ribbon or the Bind-it-all
Here's what I did: Flatten the tubes and ink the edges. I used peeling paint distress ink. Cover the tubes with designer paper on both sides. Punch holes for binder rings. Cut tags to fit into the tubes. Use tab punch to cut out tabs, stamp words on tabs. glue tabs to tags and insert into pockets.


You find a more tutorials here and here and here

No comments: