Friday, October 2, 2009

I'm Baaaack and it's Fall

No I did not fall off the face of the earth. I just had a very busy summer, involving a home improvement project that we tackled ourselves. It involved demolishing a bathroom down to the studs. Installing drywall, tile, a vanity, a toilet, baseboards, and painting. And as always when you start one project it inevitably leads to another... so I decided to repaint the lining room as well. All this while shuttling the kids between swim class and art camp. Needless to say I got no crafty stuff done all summer.

Now that the dust has settled and the kiddos are back at school, I've been looking around for some inspiration and I stumbled on some great stuff!

This Butterfly Album is one of the coolest books I have seen
This Plastic Bag Album is a great way to recycle those ubiquitous plastic bags, see the completed one here

There was also a tutorial on making canvas covers for paper bag albums. Loved the idea of painting canvas for the cover so I started working on a fall themed album and painted some canvas. Planning on embellishing the cover with some flowers and these great copper leaves.




No comments: